Har Ghar (Result📈)kuch kehta hai….🏡
India’s largest paint & coating producer, Asian Paints holds 42% market share of the Indian paint industry and holds a strong hand with at least 5 fold in revenues, profits, and sales among its competitors.
Superior technologies deployed to achieve maintain the competitive edge for eg. Supply chain management system that integrates plants, regional distribution centers, outside processing centers etc. hence they have the strongest supply chain system with.
The company is engaged in the business of manufacturing, selling and distribution of paints, coatings, products related to home décor, bath fittings and providing related services.
Asian Paints is India’s largest and Asia’s third largest paints corporation. The company along with their subsidiaries has operations in 22 countries globally with 27 paint manufacturing facilities servicing consumers in 65 countries through Berger International, SCIB Paints, Apco Coatings and Taubmans.
Asian Paints Q4 Results 2022 – Highlights
Source – Bloomberg
- Revenue from sales surged by 20.6% from Rs. 6541 crores in Q4- 21 to 7889.9 crores in Q4-22.
- The revenue from operations surged by 18.6% from Rs. 6651.43 crores in the year ago period to Rs. 7892.67 crores in the quarter under review.
- Net profit up by 0.5% from Rs. 869 crores in Q4-21 to Rs. 874 crores in the quarter under review. But, the profit of the company ebb down by 15.2% from the previous quarter from Rs. 1031.29 crores to Rs. 874.05 crores in this quarter.
- A final dividend of Rs. 15.50 per share was proposed by the company’s board of directors. This brings the company’s total dividend payment for FY22 to Rs. 19.15 per share.
- The company’s sales climbed by 20% in the fourth quarter. Sales climbed by 34.6 % year over year from FY 20-21 to FY 21-22.
Asian Paints Q4 Results 2022 – Segment Wise Analysis
Source – Bloomberg
- Revenue from this segment surged by 18.5% from Rs. 6467.2 crores in the same period of last year to Rs. 7663.7 crores in the period under review. While the revenue in this quarter ebbed by 0.7% from the previous quarter.
- Profit from this segment in this quarter is higher than the profit in the same quarter in the previous year by 3.6%. While the profit declined by 12% from Rs. 1448.8 crores in previous quarter to Rs. 1274 crores in this quarter.
- Revenue from this segment surged by 25% from Rs. 185.8 crore in the same quarter of previous year to Rs. 232.3 crores in the quarter under review. While the revenue in this quarter is also higher than the previous quarter by 11%.
Asian Paints Management Comments
“The Q4 FY22 results are primarily based on exceptionally good February and March numbers, while January was hit by the epidemic. They saw that demand from Tier 3 and 4 cities has decreased to some extent, and that demand from Tier 1, 2, and metro areas has also decreased as a result of the increased pricing structure. However, the demand was healthy in February and March, and expected to continue in the future. However, inflation might cause certain problems.”
– Amit Syngle, CEO and Managing Director
He concluded by stating that the brand’s future theme will remain innovation-focused on getting things done, as it has for the past 20 years. He is unconcerned about rising competition, and he is convinced that with their current direction, his company will grow and distinguish out.
Learn more about Asian Paints share price and fundamentals, financials right here.
You can also read about Bajaj Auto Q4 Results 2022, Kotak Mahindra Bank Q4 Results 2022, HUL Q4 Results 2022 and other current events happening in the market.
Happy Analysing 📈